Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring the Season of Rising UP



As we move further into the Spring season, I am noticing the Rising Up energy in very palpable ways.  When I look out my window, I can see the buds on the trees rising up from the barren branches ready to burst open and bring fresh new green leaves to the trees.  All around my yard there are blades of bright green grass rising up out of the dirt in stark contrast to the crispy brown grass left from winter.  Out front in the flower garden where the hydrangea shoots are rising up out of the ground in the middle of the old brown withered bush from last year.  As I walk my dogs each day, I am seeing more and more people rising up and emerging out of their homes from the long cold days of winter and joining me in enjoying walking outdoors.  The temperatures are rising up out of the colder temperatures significant to winter.  So all around us, we can visually see the energy of Rising Up into Spring.  It's a beautiful time of year.

Just as we are able to observe the external signs of Spring's energy, we can also observe the internal signs within our bodies.  Are you noticing any signs within your body, mind or spirit of your own energy rising up?  I know these past couple of weeks that I am noticing many internal signs of the Spring energy rising up within me.  My energy levels are increasing and I have been feeling motivated to clean out closets exchanging the winter clothes for spring clothes.  Cleaning out the things that are no longer fitting or are worn out.  This is happening on an emotional level as well. Old thought patterns or beliefs are rising up to the surface to be looked at and sorted by things that are no longer relevant (worn out) or no longer fit.  Beliefs that reach deep back into childhood, some that are still relevant and fitting and some that are no longer true.  Some physical symptoms have popped up over the winter like suddenly not seeing very well up close to the point of going out and purchasing a pair of cheaters to be able to read the fine print and some shoulder pain that I hadn't had in years and a problem in my knee that was from an injury that occurred when I was 4 years old.  Strange these things that come back to visit us, things that we thought we had worked through many times over the years whether physical, emotional or spiritual.  This is the energy of Spring rising up within us, the renewal of fresh energy pushing up through the old that is no longer serving us.

When these physical and/or emotional symptoms start being activated, it can be quite scary.  I know when my vision issue started I thought "oh my goodness, I'm getting old and now I'm going to need glasses".  I even went to the eye doctor and got checked out, confirmed that yes, indeed I did have some loss of upclose vision.  The knee issue and the shoulder issue were also concerning.  As I mentioned I have dogs to walk which can be difficult to do with a knee that feels like it's popping in and out at very inconvenient and unpredictable moments and a shoulder that is aching.  My point in bringing these issues up is that when I dug a little deeper, what was going on in my internal environment (my body) I began to notice the correlation to the things that I was noticing in my external environment.  Just as the trees must endure the bursting forth of new fresh energy, just as the ground makes room for the new fresh energy of the green grass and the flowers that will come up to bloom so must our bodies make room for the new fresh energy bubbling up within us.  As I started cleaning out and making room for the Spring energy to rise up within me, the previous symptoms started resolving. Believe it or not my vision has cleared and the glasses are no longer necessary.  By honoring what was going on within and not fearing it, this empowered me to do the work that I needed to do to make room for the energy of Spring to emerge more fully within me.


No comments:

Post a Comment